Tuesday, March 31, 2009

And It Came To Pass

And it came to pass on a delightfully bright and sunny spring day President Obama decided to get into the auto making business.  I am so glad this happened after he appeared on Jay Leno - at least that helped prepare us for the hilarity of his comedic role as the leader of the ever weakening country he has been chosen to lead.

Does he really think he has the answers for fiscal responsibility in the private sector of business when he can't keep his own political house in order?  I have never seen the government get involved in anything and improve it.  Once the government's hands are pulling the reins ruin and disaster soon follow.  

I am most agitated about the fact that ordinary citizens have no recourse.  We are supposed to smile and take it on the chin (or worse).  GM and Chrysler have both taken billions of our taxpayer dollars.  Their appetite for this money is insatiable.  But FORD hasn't taken a dime.  How is it possible one of the big three is remaining solvent while the other two are bankrupt?  

I have devised my own strategy for dealing with this problem.  If enough Americans would do this I believe it would make a difference.  I have decided not to do business with any corporation which has taken bail out money.  I will bank at a localized bank not a international one.  I will buy my next vehicle from Ford.  I will do everything I can to make sure I am supporting United States businesses.  Go ahead and scream about protectionism.  I don't really care.  There comes a time when we need to get our own house in order.  We don't need to spread our wealth to other parts of the world when our own citizens are begging for jobs.  Its time to stand up and support our own.  Its also time to send a clear message to the professional politicians that we will no longer put up with their double speak, lies and dishonesty.  Its make or break time for the United States.  I choose to put my energy toward the make side of the ledger.  I hope you will too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment